Maybe Kershaw is the curse?
Forget about the Sports Illustrated curse, maybe the curse is the Dodgers starting pitcher tonight.
On July 23rd the game started by Kershaw the Dodger record was 68 – 31. On August 31st the last game before Kershaw would make his first start back from the disabled list, the Dodger record was 91 – 41.
They went 23 – 10 while Kershaw was on the DL.
The only game they have won since Clayton came off the DL was his first start on Sept 1st, 1 – 0.
They are now 1 – 11 since Clayton Kershaw came off the disabled list.
If only it was so simple to use such a simplistic cause and effect.
But it isn’t.
The Dodgers are currently the worse team in baseball not because of Clayton Kershaw but because:
- The left fielders suck
- The 2nd baseman suck
- The starting catchers sucks
- The first innings sucks
- The bullpen has sucked at key moments
- Too many cooks in the kitchen?
- Front office failed chemistry class?
- Team got complacent and it is taking a while to get back the game face they had when they steamrolled lousy teams?
- Adrian Gonzalez is cursed?
- Taylor/Turner/Bellinger/Seager went from MVP candidates to mere mortals?
- Posted in: Uncategorized