2017 NLCS Thoughts
Easier than most expected the Dodgers advanced to the World Series. The NLCS had some big moments that will forever be part of Dodger lore. No earth-shattering thoughts here, just thought I’d jot them down.
- The Dodgers won both games that Kershaw started by a combined score of 16 – 3.
- Rich Hill, Yu Darvish, and Alex Wood were not brilliant but they were enough of a supporting rotation to get the job to the incredible bullpen.
- There was no bullpen implosion in any game.
- The bullpen threw a nine-inning no-hitter from game 1 – 3.
- The bullpen only gave up four hits in five games
- Kenta Maeda is a weapon the Dodgers have never had in the postseason.
- The Dodgers haven’t hit a home run in an NLCS game after the fifth game since game six in 1985. Still haven’t, because they didn’t need too in 2017
- Six different Dodgers hit home runs in the 2017 NLCS.
- Cody Bellinger was the youngest Dodger to ever hit an NLCS home run
- Andre Ethier and Justin Turner now have hit 3 NLCS home runs with both doing it in back to back seasons.
- If Granderson isn’t in a massive slump, Kiké never gets a chance to bat against Rondon in game five.
- Charlie Culberson was the most unlikely hero of any LAD postseason. Ever.
- Cody Bellinger continued to show off all his skills
- Chase is still hitless in the postseason
- Justin Turner is the Dodgers Big Papi
- Yasiel Puig has finally combined the antics of the wild horse with the production of a Roberto Clemente in prime time.
- Chris Taylor proved all year he was the 2nd biggest steal in a LAD trade in history (Pedro Guerrero being the biggest) and did it again in the NLCS.
- Kenley Jansen is comfort food
- Brandon Morrow is in your face fraudman folk
- Tony Cingrani is in your face fraudman folk
- With Barnes being the starting catcher I’m not that comfortable with Kyle Farmer being our main right-handed pinch hitter in games that a left-hander starts.
- The Dodgers will be playing baseball on October 24th
- Posted in: 2017 Postseason ♦ Uncategorized
Kenley Jansen is comfort food
Brandon Morrow is in your face fraudman folk
Tony Cingrani is in your face fraudman folk
This is USDA Prime.
Encourage your friends.
I feel that the allure of the Insta t gratification
Of the instant commentor response
Is what is holding things back here.
Just have a take and put it out there!
screw the auto spell correct
It just doesn’t get me
That and fact no one reads it:)