Farmer joins the Dodger party
Kyle Farmer may not be around long in August but he can rest assured he will now forever be part of the winning lore of 2017. Getting a walk off double against the Giants would already be enough to be part of the fabric but when your first major league hit is a walk off against the Giants you get your own square patch on the quilt being stitched.
This victory required so much from so many.
- Ryu had to match Bumgarner pitch for pitch which he did, going seven shutout innings for the first time in three years.
- Kiké Hernandez gunning down Panik at home by ten feet with a perfect throw on a would be sacrifice fly.
- Edward Paredes who hadn’t pitched since his major league debut almost a week ago, delivered four big outs to help get the Dodgers to the bottom of the 9th down only 1 – 0.
- Chase Utley walked off the bench and used his 37-year-old wheels to deliver a pinch hit infield single, steal second, and score from second on the single by Puig to tie the game in the bottom of the 9th.
- Yasiel Puig had to calm his nerves wait for his pitch and then deliver his sharp single to CF to tie the game in the bottom of the 9th.
- The Dodgers turned six double plays. Six
- Kyle Farmer walked up to the plate in the bottom of the 11th for his major league debut and stroked a double down the line to plate both Seager and Turner for the win.
So much winning
- 14th sweep of the season and still in July
- 20 – 3 July record is the greatest winning % in July for a Dodger team in history
- 9th walk off victory 0f 2017
- At 74 – 31 the Dodgers have a winning % of .705. Imagine that, a winning % over .700 after 105 games. Crazy times
Ryu has proven he’s back not just with what he did yesterday with his seven shutout innings, but over his five games, Ryu have given up only eight earned runs in twenty-seven innings (2.60 ERA) with thirty strikeouts against nine walks.
Corey Seager had his 3rd straight multi-hit game, and his 2nd straight three hit game. He also walked twice tonight, getting on base five times.