Reviewing MLB Top 30 LAD Prospects
We have reviewed Baseball America top 30 LAD prospects and Baseball America top ten MidSeason ranking, now let us turn to MLB and see how they did.
- Bellinger was nails. Looks like everyone got that right with Fangraphs being the only main publication to go with Yadier Alvarez instead of Bellinger as the top prospect.
- The had Buehler at five to begin with, so not such a big jump to number one.
- Almost no change between 2 – 6 other than placement so that was solid.
- They were in on Mitch White before anyone except David Hood.
- At least they had Dennis Santana ranked even if only at 25.
- They were in on Heredia and Ruiz before anyone except Fangraphs. Excellent work here.
- Lux seems like a whiff in pre-season but you had to put him high just based on his draft position. He has dropped to eleven but is that far enough? With the draft pedigree in the back window, I’m not sure why he’s still considered the better prospect over Brendon Davis. Scouts know stuff but the stats tell a different story.
- Sborz has disappointed everyone and is no longer ranked
- Dustin May wasn’t ranked very high and probably continues to be under valued by MLB
How about the midseason rankings.
- 2017 draft picks show up. Jeren Kendall pops in at 5, James Marinan at 24, and Morgan Cooper at 27.
- Caleb Ferguson cracks the list at 25
- Kyle Farmer cracks the list at 30
- Dropping off the list are Sopko, Sborz, Mieses, and Rhame
- Dennis Santana looks to be the biggest gainer going from 25 to 14
- AJ Alexy moved from 29 to 18
- Keibert Ruiz and Will Smith are neck and neck at 8 and 9 respectively
- Might be missing the boat on Cristian Santana
- I have no idea why Drew Jackson is still on any ranking list. I hope to be shown why but I’ve yet to see it. He’s old for his age in A+, is repeating the league, and still can’t hit.