The Big Red Machine is coming into town
This ain’t the Bench/Morgan/Perez/Foster version but this version kicks ass the same way. The offense was already one of the best in the National League this year, but they have ratcheted it up a notch in June, and have been the best hitting team in June.
Other quick notes:
- Ex – Dodger Scotty Schebler is tied for the NL lead in home runs with 17.
- Ex – Dodger Jose Peraza is basically the only healthy Red not hitting in June. Peraza does have fourteen stolen bases which are good enough to be tied for 5th in the NL.
- Joey Votto does not have the highest OBP on his team even though his OBP is .423 for the season. That honor belongs to Zach Cozart who clocks in at .430. I think this is the first time I’ve ever done a Reds report that Votto does not have the highest OBP on his team.
- Zack Cosart became Honus Wagner this year and he’s carried it over 230 plate appearances.
- The Giants could sure use Adam Duvall in LF. The Dodgers and Giants have combined to give the Reds 31 home runs in the outfield this year between Duvall and Schebler.
- The Red pitching is horrific. This would be a good series to go to the stadium. They are the worst pitching team in the NL.
I expect Cory Seager to hit three or four home runs and Zack Cozart to be punchless thus resulting in my ridicule for picking Cozart over Seager in the 2017 All-Star vote, along with misspelling his name in my tweet.