Huge day for the Dodgers last night
The Dodgers climbed back into sole custody of first place by plastering the hot Phillies. Everything clicked for the Dodgers:
- Maeda threw six solid innings giving up a solo home run to the hottest catcher in the NL not named Grandal.
- Chase Utley had a homecoming that most just dream about
- Howie Kendrick continued his offensive resurgence
- Yazmani Grandal launched his 19th home run amid three hits
- Giants lost again and are now the leaders in the Wild Card race, not the Western Division.
- Dodgers now have three players in play for the NL Player of the Week in Grandal, Chase, and Howie.
The only one on the outside looking in was Josh Reddick who went hitless, the only regular to go hitless. Yet, once again Josh hit the ball hard enough that it took solid plays by the defense to keep him hitless. Based on the numbers Josh has literally nothing to show for his two weeks with the Dodgers with the bat but everything who watches the games knows that he is simply hitting into bad luck time after time. Eventually, those hard hit balls are going to find holes. Won’t they?