Dodger Briefs – Aug 20th, 2014
- Prospect Jose De Leon hurled a game score gem of 78 last night. In what might have been the best minor league game pitched all season, De Leon hurled six shutout innings, struck out fourteen, nary a walk, only four hits. In two starts since being promoted to the Loons of the Midwest League, De Leon has struck out twenty-one without a single walk in only twelve innings. A tad incredible.
- Carl Crawford is hot hot hot with sixteen hits in his last eight starts, hitting a cool .500 over his last nine games. He has also quietly stolen nineteen out of twenty-three base attempts which harken back to his hey day with the Rays.
- Dodger discount hurlers have now made multiple starts without embarrassing anyone
- Prospect Scott Schebler slugged his Southern league leading 25th home run
- Uber prospect Corey Seager is toying with AA with a quintuple stat line of 357 /.375/.531/.906/.423
- Future Dodger backup catcher Fedex has hit eleven home runs in only 219 plate appearances since being demoted to AAA in June
- If Grienke cannot go on Thursday that would leave temporarily leave Kershaw as the last man standing with Ryu on the DL, Beckett on the DL and gone, and Haren blowing in the wind. Luckily I was able to use the word temporarily.