Chavez Ravine gets a facelift
Per Dodger notes here are some updates to the stadium:
The first sculpture in Dodger Stadium history, appropriately depicting Jackie Robinson, will be unveiled on the left field reserve level plaza area (Lot B) on April 15, marking the 70th anniversary of Robinson creaking the color barrier in Major League Baseball.
The reconfiguring of the ring road in centerfield has been enlarged in order to improve circulation and create a new premium lot “H” between the Historic 76 Station and the centerfield transit road.
In an effort to continually improve access to Dodger Stadium and improve ridership on the METRO bus lines service, the pedestrian loading area in centerfield has been reconfigured to provide a dedicated area with uniform pedestrian lighting.
As part of Dodger Stadium’s continued commitment to greening the surrounding park, additional landscaped islands of olive trees, palm trees and the native succulent plants of the region have been planted at either end of the transit street.
This season the Dodgers are excited to welcome the new Budweiser-branded concession stand located down the third base line. This Bud & Burgers stand will serve our newest culinary creation inspired by our fans: the Dodger Burger. With the world famous Dodger Dog grilled to perfection on top of a delicious patty, this is a can’t-miss item for the 2017 season! In addition, Budweiser has created a simulated batting experience by the left field Bud bar that encourages fans to swing for the fences at every home game.
Dodger fans will enjoy the new King’s Hawaiian Grill, opening in the Left Field Plaza, where they can enjoy a special menu featuring a pulled pork Dodger Dog, pulled pork sliders, lava wings, smoked pork nachos and much more.
The popular Think Blue BBQ has come to the Reserve Level in right field, adjacent to the kid’s area.
Some of the new dishes Dodger fans can look forward to enjoying during the season include:
· BaseBowls featuring Poke bowls, Teriyaki Chicken bowl, Kalua Pork bowl and the Vietnamese Rice Noodle bowl. – Field Level – 3rd base side – Aisle 45
· Chick-N-Tots…house made marinated chicken bites dressed to your liking with chili cheese, Buffalo sauce, garlic, oil and parmesan cheese and just ordered naked. – Field Level – 1st base side – Aisle 8
· Healthy Items…Mediterranean Quinoa salad and Strawberry & Beets Salad. Fresh Sandwiches such as Turkey Club, Albacore Tuna Salad and Grilled Vegetable Flatbread. – United Healthcare Market Place Locations on Field Aisle 5/ Loge Aisle 137 and Reserve Level Aisle 5
· Trolley Dodger Treats…Fans can satisfy their sweet tooth with funnel cakes topped with powdered sugar, chocolate drizzle and whipped cream; glazed churro; a cinnamon sugar churro served with blue ice cream, deep fried Oreos and Twinkies. – Field Level – 1stbase side – Aisle 46
· Shock Top Bratwurst…a Levy exclusive, the spicy pork bratwurst link infused with Shock Top beer served on a warm bun with caramelized onions and spicy brown mustard. – Field / Loge and Reserve Levels in the Extreme Loaded Dog Stands – Field Aisle 48 / Loge Aisle 135 / Reserve Aisle 2
· TASTE OF LA…this suite package features seasoned bottomless popcorn; an assortment of sushi and an L.A. Mezze board featuring cheeses, spring rolls, Caesar salad, sliders, wraps and beef sticks.
After you have taken care of your appetite, fans can visit the many new memorabilia displays throughout the stadium.
Dodger fans will see a number of new memorabilia displays including a gallery adjacent to the Vin Scully Press Box including Vin Scully’s headset and other objects from his broadcast booth during his final season with the Dodgers. The club level is also home to a new display case at the left field entry that features game worn jerseys from Dodger greats including Jackie Robinson, Sandy Koufax and others. Fans with tickets on field, loge and club and anyone with a season ticket can access these areas.
The right field baseline club, also known as the Ketel One Club, is home to a display featuring game used bats from nearly every All-Star that has worn the uniform of the Los Angeles Dodgers. This display is open to anyone in the right field concourse and faces the bullpen overlook in right field. You do not need a ticket to the baseline club to view this display.
Groups will find new areas to enjoy Dodger baseball. A new mini-suite has been constructed inside the Stadium Club on the right field club level to host groups of 15. The loge level party boxes, which can host groups of 12 to 16, have been given a new look and improved surroundings. Areas on the field level concourse near each foul pole have been created for groups of 15 to 60. The areas have standing room, bar stools and high top tables.
- Posted in: Chavez Ravine ♦ Uncategorized