Dodger bullpen hits all-star break with breathtaking July
Until Kena Maeda decided to have the game of his young Dodger career, the Dodger rotation in the past week had gotten 15 / 10 / 12 / 15 / 14 / 9 / 15 outs respectively from their starters leaving the bullpen to pick up the pieces. The magnificent bullpen was more than up to the task.
From July 1st to July 10th:
- Eleven games have been played in July, the Dodger bullpen had forty appearances and almost forty-six innings.
- Seven of the ten bullpen pitchers gave up zero runs
- Blanton led the staff with 20 outs and zero runs
- Kenley Jansen got eighteen outs, gave up zero runs, and struck out twelve of the eighteen batters he faced in July.
- The much beleaguered Pedro Baez got 20 outs, gave up zero runs, and only gave up one hit, while striking out eight.
- Adam Liberatore got thirteen outs, gave up zero runs, zero hits, and struck out seven.
- Carlos Frias made only one appearance but made it count by going four shutout innings, and saving the bullpen for another day.
- Even Luis Avilan helped out with two scoreless appearances.
- Posted in: Uncategorized